Today’s groundbreaking products are more complex than ever before. Innovative new designs must leverage a combination of mechanical, electrical, software, and connectivity – requiring a robust, multidisciplinary approach to product development that starts as far back as defining requirements. To beat the competition, today’s cutting-edge products must be released to market faster, with better quality, at a lower cost, and with more desirable features.
These demands require companies to improve collaboration across more of the organization throughout the product’s lifecycle. And when a product is smart and connected, the data generated throughout its lifecycle no longer ends once the product is shipped. New Internet of Things technologies enable companies to capture and leverage information about a product’s performance during operation – with the potential to dramatically improve existing and future products.
Is your PLM solution ready for this new world? PTC Windchill 11 is!
PTC Windchill 11: Smart Connected PLM
Learn how PTC Windchill 11 is the first PLM platform to deliver groundbreaking new technological advancements in smart, connected product development data and processes.
PTC Windchill 11 is:
Developing today’s products is a fast-paced, highly dynamic process involving more people and disciplines than ever before. Keeping everyone informed and connected to a single source of truth for product data and processes is vital to accurate decisions, high-quality work, and timely product releases.
- Role Based Apps: Unleash the power of PLM by getting the right product data to more stakeholders – faster, easier, and in context with the work they do – by eliminating complex user interfaces and extensive training.
- New Search: Multifaceted search capabilities make finding and reusing parts faster, more intuitive, and more streamlined.
- Improved IP Protection: Support your “design anywhere, build anywhere” strategy with enhanced security features that keep your data and projects secure across internal and third-party collaborators around the world.
- OSLC Standards: PTC Windchill 11 is a smart, open PLM system. PTC has incorporated OSLC standards for greater collaboration and connection to other systems.
Smart, connected products offer both new challenges and new opportunities to product development teams – including the ability to improve product quality much faster through direct connection to live operational data.
- Connected Quality: Capture and analyze field data to detect failures faster, with more complete information for improved root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions.
- Requirements Traceability: Define and manage connections between system-level requirements and product design with new links between PTC Windchill and PTC Integrity.
- Performance Advisor: PTC Windchill 11 is smart and connected to bring you better, more proactive support: collecting information about its own performance, alerting PTC of issues, and preserving anonymity and compliance.
Today’s product development complexity demands PLM that manages more data and processes in more nimble ways: enabling parts-centric design, reducing time to market, streamlining collaboration, and improving the accuracy and speed of decision-making.
- Enhanced BoM Transformation: Improve collaboration across teams with smooth transitions between eBoM, mBoM, and sBoM; as well as visual side-by-side BoM comparisons and changes that cascade automatically across BoMs
- Updated BoM Management: Create and manage a complete, parts-centric BoM with improvements to visualization, parts definition, and variants management.
- Manage PTC Creo 3.0 Breakthroughs: Leverage the latest design exploration capabilities and Unite technology to manage any supported third-party CAD file in its native format.
- Many, Many More: Additional new capabilities enhance project collaboration, visualization in PTC Creo View, Customer Experience Management, and much more.
Reduce the IT burden and cost overhead of PLM while ensuring accessibility and security with New Deployment Options: Cloud, on-premise, and fully-hosted SAAS models all leverage subscription pricing to ensure predictable budgeting as PLM project or program needs change.